- instability after injuries to the front cruciate ligament and/or the collateral ligaments.
- long-term treatment of torn ligaments with lasting instability.
- postoperative stabilisation after ligament surgery
In the following cases you should consult your doctor before using this product:
- skin conditions or injuries in the area of application, particularly where signs of inflammation are present, such as redness, temperature increase or swelling
- feeling of numbness and circulatory problems in the area of application
- problems with lymphatic drainage as well as unexplained swelling
For the size determination of the Dynamics Knee Orthosis Classic, the sizes below and above the knee are measured.
|Sizes||Upper leg circumference (cm)||Lower leg circumference (cm)|
|S||39 – 47||29 – 37|
|M||47 – 53,5||37 – 43|
|L||53,5 – 60||43 – 50|
|XL||60 – 67||50 – 57|
Measure with slightly bent knee
Colours and versions
The Dynamics Knee Orthosis Classic is available for the left and right knee and in the colour silver/black.
To put on the knee orthosis, open the Velcro straps at the rounded end and pull them out of the eyelet. When putting the orthosis on, please note that it becomes narrower at the lower end. Put the orthosis against the front of your leg with the leg slightly bent. It is fitted correctly if the middle of the joint is positioned at the level of the lower edge of the kneecap.
Please ensure that the Velcro straps are fastened in the correct order. First fasten the upper strap at the back of the lower leg by pulling it through the provided eyelet and fastening down. Then fasten the lower strap at the back of the thigh, followed by the lower strap at the back of the lower leg.
Then the front Velcro straps at the shin (4) and the thigh are fastened, followed by the upper strap at the rear of the thigh. Please ensure that the product is secure but not too tight in order to prevent pinching.
Good to know
- The initial fitting and positioning of the product as well as training in its proper, safe use should take place by trained medical/
- If the product has to be worn in combination with other products, then please discuss this in advance with your doctor.
- The product should be washed before being used for the first time.
- Always check the orthosis for signs of wear before use. The joints should occasionally be sprayed with dry lubricant (Teflon).
- Detach the removable padding and Velcro tapes from the splints before washing. Please make sure to avoid pulling off the Velcro strips on the splints. The splint can be cleaned with a moist cloth. In the event of heavy soiling or contact with salt water, the splint should be rinsed thoroughly and air-dried. Then please spray dry lubricant into the joints.
- Wash the textile parts of the product by hand at a maximum temperature of 30° C. Use a mild detergent without softener (e. g. Ofa Clean special detergent) and rinse the product out well. Carefully squeeze the water out without wringing out the product.
- Mould the product into the rightvshape and air-dry it. Do not dry the product in the dryer, on a radiator or in direct sunlight and do not iron.
- In order to maintain the quality of your product please do not use any chemical cleaning products, bleaches, petrol or fabric softener.
- Do not apply any fatty or acidic creams, ointments or lotions to the skin in the usage area. These substances can affect the material of the product.
- Store the product in a cool dry place away from sunlight and heat and preferably in the original packaging.